Photoshop Elements How-To's
always been an Elements user (it does amazing things for a
FRACTION of the cost of all the upper end PhotoShop programs-
you just gotta know how! That's what this page is for!).
After using Photoshop Elements 3 for years and years, I
finally took the plunge and upgraded to
they've improved a LOT of things in the last seven
versions! :) Best of all, now I can use all the free PSE
actions available online! (PSE 3 was too old for all the
actions to work on it.) Here are some helpful how-to's
and freebies for other Elements
Want to know a big secret about taking your photos from drab to fab?
Here it is: get a good shot to begin with!!! Now, listen carefully: no amount of Photoshopping will turn a bad shot in to a good one! Before you invest time and money into camera gear or editing software, your best bet is to invest yourself in learning to SEE with an artistic eye, and take better photos! See my Art of Photography page for great online resources to help you improve your shooting skills. That said, if you can get a decent, workable shot, then editing software can be the final step to polish it off and make your photo look professional.
As I already mentioned, editing software, specifically Photoshop programs, can get pretty expensive pretty quick. But the lowest-priced Photoshop, Elements, is a pretty powerful software. You can even download it to try out for FREE for thirty days to see what you think!
Here are some handy online resources to teach yourself how to use PSE better and easier!
Photoshop Elements Helpful How-To's....
- How to get the most out of PSE10 videos and tutorials
- Texas Chicks Blogs & Pics is a great source of info on PSE, actions, tutorials & giveaways.
- Easy Elements... More PSE tips, tutorials & advice.
You really ought to learn...
- How to use layer masks... These are only the best thing since sliced bread.
- How to stamp visible layers... This is a handy trick to know.
- How to create a clipping mask... quick tutorial
- How to use levels... This is a new one to me.
- The keyboard shortcuts I use most.
Handy things to know...
- How to do a head swap... when photographing groups, especially with young children, sometimes they won't all look at the camera at the same time, and this is a rather handy trick to have.
- How to clone out distracting backgrounds
- Eight ways to do a vignette in PSE (you could use an action for one, but this allows you to have more control over the effect.
And just for fun.....
- How to add your own handwriting to photos
- How to make a silhouette of your family... and a couple ideas of how to use them. This is great if you're the slightest bit crafty.
Free downloads you don't wanna miss...
FREEBIES for Photoshop Elements Users... Here's my page with links to all the most user-friendly freebies I've found for PSE.