Tracy's Treasury Ode to Organizing...
Featuring: Rubbermaid Modular Storage!
LOVE these! I had my eye on modular canisters from
Tupperware, but this set is a much more affordable option!
Check out my pantry...
BEFORE: 5 canisters & lots of wasted space
AFTER: Lots of canisters (I have them 2 deep). I have found lots of stuff I can put in them, and by doing so have opened up lots of extra shelf space!
Trying to plan the sizes you'll need? Here's how I use them:
- 21 cup - Flour. Also the huge oatmeal package from Sams (though there's a bit more than 21 cups of it).
- 16 cup - Sugars (white, powdered, brown... they all have a bit of room to spare so you can refill the container before you're all the way out!), Misc. bulk items I buy, like noodles. Also if I make a bunch of cookies.
- 10 cup - Misc. items like chow mein noodles or croutons. I don't use this size as much.
- 5 cup - Carnation Instant Breakfast (I buy it in the can b/c it's cheaper & the whole can's worth will fit in here), 24 oz container of raisins, one package of oreos (minus a couple I eat while filling it), other misc. snacks.
I also have our playdough toys in one of them b/c we always play them in the kitchen and putting them in a canister makes them take up the least space in my cabinet! If you buy them at WalMart, I recommend buying more than you think you'll need and then returning the left overs b/c you really don't know til you start filling stuff up what size you'll need on a lot of the misc. stuff. But if all you want them for is flour and sugar, then just get the 21 cup & 16 cup.
Here's what I like about them:
- They are nice & have a good seal
- Lids aren't hard to get on or off, but they do seal well.
- They stack easliy
- Their shape is great & makes SUCH efficient use of your shelf space that you can fit way more into your cabinets!
- They are way more reasonably priced than comparable Tupperware modular storage
Here they are on Amazon. It's been a while, but I got my set cheaper at WalMart, so you may want to price check both before buying!
If you decide to
organize your pantry w/ modular storage (any brand),
then snap quick before/after pictures and send it to me
with your name and what state you're from! I've recently
decided to start featuring my readers' photos. And don't
forget to check out other organizational wonders in
my Ode to Organizing!